Our Vision for 2013
On June 1st, I began full-time at DoGoodBuyUs. Done with the corporate world and more than 7 months into the journey, taking that leap is now one of my great accomplishments. Having no idea what to expect (still don't), I believed in our mission and the world we wanted to live in.
Now that 2013 is upon us, I felt it important to layout our vision for the next 12 months. More importantly, I hope this inspires you to come along for the ride. WARNING: it won't be easy but then again, nothing worth doing is.
2012 was about setting a tempo and seeing if anyone would care about what we were working on. Crafting the right tone, finding messaging that made sense and looking for trends. That was so 2012, right?
Things of note in 2012
- Phase 1 of the website redesign is complete.
- Features in Forbes, Mashable, HuffingtonPost, FastCompany, AddictingInfo and speaking engagements with NYU and BeSocialChange
- 100's of partnerships
- I went full time and hired two more full timers. Several freelancers as well.
- Most importantly, we are still here!
Our mission is to change consumerism and we have seen progress here in 2012. We now have a stronger understanding of the everyday consumer. We also hope that they see their purchases not only impact them but folks around the world. Consumerism is and can be, an even stronger force for good.
If we can bring brands and causes closer together, we will be on track. We have successfully accomplished this in a small way this year. With more time, resources, and case studies, the sky is the limit!
Goals for 2013
- Complete Phase 2 of our new site
- Reach 500 partnerships
- Raise $200k for our causes
- Add 3 more talented people