Do Good in your hood: Austin
Austin is one of our favorite towns. The BBQ, SxSW, the weather, and whatever keeps it WEIRD. Plus, the home of Whole Foods. When it comes to doing good, in many ways this is where social good began. In our Do Good in your hood series, we will explore 8 great ways to give back in Austin, Texas!
8) Let's start with South by Southwest (SxSW). The interactive and music festival attracting hundreds of thousands of people. Each year SxSW encourages it's attendees to follow the Social Good track, complete with programming and ideas from the worlds thought-leaders.
7) CTC International through it's L.I.F.E. program is working to build a sustainable Kenya.
6) Amplify Austin in partnership with I Live Here, I Give Here. Giving Austinites 24 hours to give as much as possible. Hurry! It starts on March 21st.
5) OAK Lifestyle offers a one for one on backpacks and messenger bags. Better yet, it's actually a one for two as one is given to a child in Rwanda and the other to a child in Austin!
4) Read GivingCity: Austin. A resource for information on ways to give back in Austin.
3) Our good friends at SocialGood.Tv. Their platform is full of great interviews, businesses and ideas for bringing social good to the mainstream.
2) Livestrong Foundation. After some rough press over the last few years, Livestrong has bounced back and continues to do great work.
1) Only 3 years removed from being named the best city to volunteer. Check out these great opportunities to give your time!
Have others to add to the list? Comment below!